[linux-elitists] HTML in e-mail

Adam Kessel adam@bostoncoop.net
Wed Aug 20 12:09:13 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 12:55:52PM -0400, Bret Martin wrote:
> How do you deal with this issue, without engineering some hack to make
> it easier to read text/html parts (which seems like you're just giving
> in to the problem)[...]?

I engineered some hack to make it easier to read text/html parts. For a
long while I bugged people about it, but at this point I only bug people
who could or should know better.  I think there are better things to try
to teach to the clueless.

If you want to try my hack, it's here:

http://bostoncoop.net/adam/python

addMIMETextToHTMLEmail -- it's a procmail filter that *adds* a text/plain
part to the message.  This means that you can see the plaintext of the
message right away, without having to go through the w3m --dump step.
--
Adam Kessel
http://bostoncoop.net/adam