[linux-elitists] SCO and your local attorney general

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Aug 20 08:23:33 PDT 2003

begin Jonathan Corbet quotation of Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 08:33:09PM -0600:

> We have to give old Blake some credit; he's certainly been busy at the Las
> Vegas Jamboree and hasn't had time to look at what's really going on.  I'll
> ping him again when it's had time to sink in.

I did too, with a URL for the Broderick letter.

I'm starting to see that some of the previous answers from SCO people
have been half answers.

"We specifically excluded the BSD-derived code",

doesn't necessarily mean that they excluded AT&T-derived code
that is now free either as a result of either the BSD case or the
Broderick letter.

KG6INA