[linux-elitists] Pro-Linux FUD

Mikael Pawlo mikael@pawlo.com
Thu Aug 14 15:35:31 PDT 2003

At 9:59 AM -0600 8/14/03, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
>Hmm... http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/08/13/1258252
>
>	Of course, one reason not to prefer an operating system (like
>	Linux) that won't 'accidently' download kiddie porn when you're not
>	watching is that you are a juvenile pornography fan and want to
>	have a, "The computer did it!" defense ready in case you end up in
>	court, faced with criminal charges.
>
>Somehow, I don't this kind of stuff helps us much...

1. Goodwin's law needs to be expanded to child pornography ("Goodwin's expanded law").

2. The term "kiddie porn" needs to be abolished altogether ("no-kiddie porn act").

3. Anyone breaking Goodwin's expanded law and the no-kiddie porn act in the same paragraph needs to be disregarded for good. Even if it is Robin Miller. It is hard to build trust, but easy to demolish it.

>From a very disappointed

Mikael

mailto:mikael@pawlo.com
http://www.pawlo.com/