[linux-elitists] Pro-Linux FUD

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Thu Aug 14 09:09:14 PDT 2003

> 	It may be interesting to see if the FSF's "wiki way" of
> security turns out to be the future: lighten up on Prevention, and
> focus on Detection and Recovery.

My understanding is that they are tightening up access to the FTP server
going forward; way fewer people will be able to log into that system.  The
FSF can figure out, I think, that a bit of prevention can save weeks of
running around in circles fixing things up afterwards.

Besides, "focus on detection" let the system remain compromised for some
five months.

jon