[linux-elitists] Pro-Linux FUD

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Thu Aug 14 08:59:47 PDT 2003

Hmm... http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/08/13/1258252

	Of course, one reason not to prefer an operating system (like
	Linux) that won't 'accidently' download kiddie porn when you're not
	watching is that you are a juvenile pornography fan and want to
	have a, "The computer did it!" defense ready in case you end up in
	court, faced with criminal charges.

Somehow, I don't this kind of stuff helps us much...

(The article also claims that the GNU FTP server compromise was performed
by somebody with physical access to the system, which strikes me as
unlikely).

jon