[linux-elitists] possible web doodad -- the "SCO's chances calculator"

Mikael Pawlo mikael@pawlo.com
Wed Aug 13 14:36:12 PDT 2003

At 2:30 PM -0700 8/13/03, Don Marti wrote:
>begin Mikael Pawlo quotation of Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 10:51:39PM +0200:
>> You can not calculate like that because - as you state - you
> > miss out on any other discounted values in the stock.
>So say "less than a 0.037 probability" then.  I'm erring on SCO's
>side, by assuming the entire net worth of the company over book value
>is tied up in the lawsuit.  Which, considering the lack of "customer
>win" press releases on SCO's site, is probably pretty accurate.

You presume the market is rational, which it is not. Some people may buy SCO's share because they think SCO will sell a lot of consultancy hours or Linux licenses. I'd say that SCO's net value is less than zero why I am not paying an amount exceeding USD 0,00 per share. Anyone selling? Send me an email and I tell you how much cash I want for accepting your shares .-)

Regards,

Mikael

mailto:mikael@pawlo.com
http://www.pawlo.com/