[linux-elitists] USA Fair Trade Act and Qui Tem

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Aug 13 11:23:02 PDT 2003

begin Decklin Foster quotation of Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 10:28:09AM -0400:

> Don Marti writes:
>
> > I don't think that current accounting software will even _let_
> > Accounts Payable pay an invoice if there's no PO number.
>
> Of course, such scams probably depend on the fact that most firms (or,
> let's say, educational institutions) don't *use* current accounting
> software[1]. I am at this moment sitting in front of a pile of paid
> invoices, of which maybe half, at most, have POs attached.

US businesses can report the false invoice scam to the National
Fraud Information Center at 1-800-876-7060.

http://www.fraud.org/scamsagainstbusinesses/tips/invoices.htm

KG6INA