[linux-elitists] USA Fair Trade Act and Qui Tem

Decklin Foster decklin@red-bean.com
Wed Aug 13 07:28:09 PDT 2003

Don Marti writes:

> I don't think that current accounting software will even _let_
> Accounts Payable pay an invoice if there's no PO number.

Of course, such scams probably depend on the fact that most firms (or,
let's say, educational institutions) don't *use* current accounting
software[1]. I am at this moment sitting in front of a pile of paid
invoices, of which maybe half, at most, have POs attached.

[1] Ironically enough (just to bring this back on topic somewhat), ours
runs on AIX.

--
things change.
decklin@red-bean.com