[linux-elitists] microsoft's license - SCO

David Mohring heretic@ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 12 09:49:11 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 03:05, Joe Barr wrote:
> We can help dispel the fog of war.
>
> http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/08/12/1350213&tid=17

Your article might have at least mentioned the general nastiness of
Software Patents and maybe included a link to the
The League for Programming Freedom's Against Software Patents
http://lpf.ai.mit.edu/

BTW, why does the body of my posting to the forum show up on the article
page as a "1"?

Bill Gates 1991 Challenges and Strategy Memo
http://newsforge.com/comments.pl?sid=32511&cid=64284
    The funny thing is that almost every other major vendor, except
    Microsoft, have joined a scheme to share and grant license to use
    contributed patented technology. It's called the General Public
    License, and almost every other major vendor, except Microsoft, have
    contributed to Linux under a patent exchange/license scheme similar
    to that Bill Gates described in 1991.

I should update my safer with Linux article
http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/22155
to include all the recent IP case Microsoft have lost.

> See ya,
> Joe Barr

We have got to write an article on the relative risks of Linux Vs
Microsoft.

See ya at Linuxshow IRC.

David Mohring.