[linux-elitists] microsoft's license - SCO

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue Aug 12 09:16:11 PDT 2003

begin  Don Marti Lives Three Hours from Nowhere  quotation:
> US patent 5,838,906 was filed October 17, 1994.  And it looks like
> it could be read to apply to _any_ browser plugin, as well as to
> Microsoft's (prior art) OLE.
>
> Best of luck to Microsoft in its appeal.  We can all be glad that
> they're fighting it instead of buying Eolas.  This patent is a turd
> that _somebody_ needs to fish out of the punch bowl.

	Precisely.  I hope they spend considerable effort on this
Russian campaign, so that we won't have to.  I hope they just bleed
money on it and emerge victorious.

--
Support your droogs!

end