[linux-elitists] SCO: IWeThey nears top; Linux Today article

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 8 23:03:52 PDT 2003

on Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 10:17:32AM -0700, Marc MERLIN (marc@merlins.org) wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:24:40PM -0400, Adam Kessel wrote:
> > Apparently, our efforts have paid off.  Google "sco" now yields
> > http://sco.iwethey.org third, after two caldera.com links.  Hopefully
> > this is a result of rebuilding the index and not the fluctuations between
> > indexing.
>
> Google re-indexes the whole web a lot faster now (used to be once a
> month).
> I would however Change the page title.
>
> 1) Remove wkikiwethey, it's doesn't mean jack and is confusing

"TWikIWeThey".  Well, it's the site identifier.  And like most, it
doesn't mean jack and is confusing, but it's who we are.

Actually, it means "IWETHEY's TWiki site", on which further expansions
can be made.  And for me, googling 'twikiwethey' and checking where this
phrase turns up gives me a pretty good read on where we're being linked
and/or how deeply on Google.

> 2) I would put spaces in Sco vs IBM so that the words can be indexed
>    separately. I think that would help with properly indexing the page

Agreed.  Unfortunately, TWiki and Google are somewhat at odds here,
though I can probably work magick to insert whitespace at case
boundaries.

Peace.

    The truth behind the H-1B IT indentured servant scam:
    http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/itaa.real.html