[linux-elitists] Oracle's response to SCO

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Aug 7 10:56:41 PDT 2003

begin Jonathan Corbet quotation of Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:31:40AM -0600:

> We got that too...I couldn't really figure out what to do with it.  Didn't
> really seem worth bothering our readers with.

Meanwhile, strong words from the embedded side:

  The embedded Linux licensing move "is extortion based on
  fraud. They are out to shake down people for what they can get,"
  said Inder Singh, chairman of the Embedded Linux Consortium and
  chief executive of embedded Linux and real-time operating system
  maker LynuxWorks (San Jose).

http://www.eetimes.com/sys/news/OEG20030806S0025

By the way, SCO is conspicuously _not_ denying that that the Yankee
Group is on the SCO payroll.

Stowell: "Our business relationships with our analyst firms are
private information and not something that I would care to divulge."

_our_ analyst firms?  Press *1 to ask about this at the next
installment of Chris and Darl's wacky phone-in show.

KG6INA