[linux-elitists] [jv@zork.net: [pigdog] SCO goes public with news, private with evidence]

Phil Hughes fyl@a42.com
Wed Aug 6 14:35:32 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 02:22:29PM -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Juggler Vain <jv@zork.net> -----
>
> Popular media this day discovers the TANSTaaFOS-humour of SCO's claim:
> linux is in receipt of stolen goods.
>
> "No, I won't tell you where the stolen code resides; but... !ah-ha,
> yes... you've got it in your linux."
>
> More, sco moves to seal specifics as trade secrets.
>
> "Dude, just tell us where it is, and we'll fix it."
>
> "Oh, no you don't... I've been fucking *robbed*, and nobody cares, and
> now you're all gonna' *pay*.  And *!pay*... ahahahahahahahahha."

Am I the last one to get this? It seems the same as when someone says
that you have stolen their car you find out it is only part of the car.
So, you ask them which part. Turns out it is the spare tire and you
didn't steal it, someone else did and put it on the car before you
bought it.

So, being the nice person you are, you return their spare tire and get a
replacement of your own. So, if SCO tells me I stole their code, I think
I will return the stolen part--if they tell me what it is.
--
Phil Hughes, fyl@a42.com  Phone/FAX: 506-483-1265
Aptdo. 89-4060, Alajuela, Costa Rica