[linux-elitists] Oracle's response to SCO

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Wed Aug 6 10:31:40 PDT 2003

> Oracle just put out a statement saying, "Oracle has seen nothing
> to date that has caused us to question our tremendous commitment
> to Linux as a customer, promoter, supporter and developer.  We are
> continuing our deep commitment to Linux and look forward to seeing
> these issues resolved as quickly as possible. We will continue
> to work with our close partners such as Red Hat and other Linux
> distributors to promote continued adoption of Linux."
>
> Can somebody pipe that through corpspeak2en -- I don't have it on
> my laptop.

We got that too...I couldn't really figure out what to do with it.  Didn't
really seem worth bothering our readers with.

Hmm...

	% apt-get install corpspeak2en
	% corpspeak2en < oracle-fluff

	"We think maybe this SCO thing won't go too far, and it's business
         as usual for now.  But we won't say anything that would keep us
         from changing our mind tomorrow."

	%

jon