[linux-elitists] SCO: A dollar from every Linux user...

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Aug 6 09:52:34 PDT 2003

(point of order: please put SCO in the subject of SCO-related posts.
Thank you.)

begin Karsten M. Self quotation of Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:27:38AM +0100:

> We might be curious as to how Caldera/SCO's licensing plan might affect
> GNU/Linux users:
>
>     1-800-726-8649
>     http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/53/32187.html

Thank you for calling SCO.  Your call is important to us.  For sales,
press 1.  For customer support, press 2.  If you are a Slashdot
troll, press 3.

Oracle just put out a statement saying, "Oracle has seen nothing
to date that has caused us to question our tremendous commitment
to Linux as a customer, promoter, supporter and developer.  We are
continuing our deep commitment to Linux and look forward to seeing
these issues resolved as quickly as possible. We will continue
to work with our close partners such as Red Hat and other Linux
distributors to promote continued adoption of Linux."

Can somebody pipe that through corpspeak2en -- I don't have it on
my laptop.

KG6INA