[linux-elitists] A dollar from every Linux user...

Gary Sandine linux-elitists@laclinux.com
Wed Aug 6 08:50:20 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 02:27, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> We might be curious as to how Caldera/SCO's licensing plan might affect
> GNU/Linux users:
>
>     1-800-726-8649
>     http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/53/32187.html

Option 5 took me to an operator, who told about how the sales staff is
too busy to handle calls due the announcement yesterday, but who offered
to take contact info to have a sales person call.  I claimed I desire to
be a legal GNU/Linux user, but all I have to go on is McBride and crew's
claim that in order to do so, I need to pay SCO $699 (or they have no
choice but to come after me, McBride vaguely threatened yesterday, like
the recent news stories about suits against P2P music downloaders).  The
operator said the sales person who calls will help me understand....