[linux-elitists] SuSE Chimes in

Matthew Galgoci mgalgoci@redhat.com
Tue Aug 5 14:25:47 PDT 2003

http://www.suse.com/us/company/press/press_releases/archive03/sco_redhat.html

"SuSE Supports RedHat's Open Source Initiative

There have been many unsubstantiated and inflamatory statements made recently in
an attempt, we believe, primarily to slow the inevitable acceptance of Linux.
Linux is a disruptive technology, troubling to many, puzzling to some, potentially
freeing to all. With every disruptive technology, there will be those who fight to
maintain the status quo, fight to hold on to a losing proposition.

SCO has already been halted in Germany and we applaud Red Hat's actions to help end
their activities in the US -- and beyond.

We applaud their efforts to restrict the rhetoric of the SCO group -- and the FUD
they are trying to instill -- and will determine quickly what actions SuSE can take
to support Red Hat in their efforts.

We call on SCO to stop the fear, uncertainty and doubt and join with the rest of the
IT community in building Linux into the next quantum advance in technology."

--

Matthew Galgoci		"Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap"
System Administrator