[linux-elitists] SCO news conference

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Tue Aug 5 13:35:15 PDT 2003

> As I listened in today I heard the GPL targeted more often and more
> clearly than I have in the past.  It seems almost as if the GPL is
> really what they are trying to destroy.

Could well be.  Did you hear all that crap about how SCO was going to lead
us all forward into a Happy New World with "open source business models"
that actually make money?  They employ rather strange values of "open
source", of course.

I think they really believe that stuff.  They think they really have a shot
at putting a $1400 (or more) tax on every Linux system out there.  They've
already counted up a lot of chickens.

Fun quote:

	Reality is IBM and Red Hat painted a Linux liability target on the
	backs of their customers. And due to their actions we have no
	choice but to fight the battle against end users.

But remember, they're not spreading FUD, would never do that...

jon