[linux-elitists] SCO stuff, of course

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Mon Aug 4 19:11:10 PDT 2003

If case you've not seen it, SCO's response is an amazing read:

	http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030804/lam110_1.html

>From the response

	SCO has not been trying to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt to
	end users.

No, they would never do that.  Never ever.

There's also a letter from Darl to Matthew; he's *so* disappointed that Red
Hat would stoop to litigation over something like this.  And, for the
killer finish:

	Of course, we will prepare our legal response as required by your
	complaint.  Be advised that our response will likely include
	counterclaims for copyright infringement and conspiracy.

	I must say that your decision to file legal action does not seem
	conducive to the long-term survivability of Linux.

That sounds kind of like a threat to me.

If you're bored, you can also have a look at:

	http://www.forbes.com/2003/08/04/cz_dl_0804linux.html

It's a good case study in what happens when the completely clueless try to
be funny...

jon