[linux-elitists] AOL says goodbye to AT&T/Comcast and residential mail spools

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Sun Apr 27 18:40:47 PDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 09:45:08AM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> 1) Alert the DNSBLs that this IP is static, not dynamic, so they can
> update their lists.  They will.

In my sf.net days, I contacted the MAPS DUL multiple times about them
listing people with static IPs (DSL usually), and gave specific
examples.
They never so much as acknowledged my ticket.
For that matter, it may still be lingering unanswered in their system,
more than a year later...

I never had MAPS specify if the DUL was meant to list home IPs or only
truly dynamic IPs, either

Marc