[linux-elitists] Exchange replacement under Linux?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Apr 27 00:47:18 PDT 2003

Quoting Andrew (akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com):

> There's also the Kroupware Project (new name still in the works) -- I
> tried Bynari years ago and it blew hairy goats but I hear it has made
> significant progress since then, and Kroupware is a fairly recent
> contender.

_Easily_ the best long-term bet.  Not only does it include all the usual
shopping-list features, but also does it entirely with open-source code,
even inventing _new_ open-source standards where necessary (scheduling,
tasklists).

The latter has been a standards trainwreck for entirely too long:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/linux-info/applications-scheduling

Hey, and let's not forget about SCOoffice Mail Server!
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/linux-info/groupware

--
Cheers,                     Skud:     Real Programmers don't use Python.
Rick Moen                   Thorfinn: Real Programmers don't use *whitespace*.