[linux-elitists] Exchange replacement under Linux?

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sat Apr 26 21:43:06 PDT 2003

<quote who="Don Marti">

> Bynari offers InsightConnector and InsightServer.  Proprietary.
> http://www.bynari.net/index.php?id=1169
>
> Review here:
> http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6734

Bynari seemed to be a bunch of sleazy twonks at one point. No idea if
there's been a staff or management change or not. At one stage, their
website was a very obvious rip of Apple and Ximian graphics and design. :-)

Last time I tested their software it seemed pretty smeggy. Samsung's Contact
(I only tried it when it was HP Open Mail however) seems to be a much better
product...

Trouble is, they don't feel as sleek/integrated as Exchange or as sensible
and modular as our favourite Free systems... not that Exchange is awfully
sleek. ;-)

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

   "Oh my god, if I get killed, Meryl Streep will get an award playing my
          life and I would be really pissed off." - Susan Sarandon