[linux-elitists] fwd: [SLL] Amusement opportunity?

Dan Wilder dan@ssc.com
Thu Apr 24 08:38:45 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 12:49:08AM -0700, billy@damaged-world.net wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 08:49:47AM -0700, Dan Wilder wrote:
> >A large Redmond firm is looking for somebody to help turn the heads of
> >wayward customers back to the One True Fold.
> > [ ... ]
> >The National Practices is forming a new team to focus on competitive platforms
> >specifically Unix and Linux. This team will work with our customers across the
> >regions and verticals to maximize their investments in Microsoft infrastructure
> >technologies and to demonstrate the value of homogeneous implementation.
> > [ ... ]
> > http://seeker.dice.com/seeker.epl?rel_code=1102&op=7
> > Is this up-front to the verge of being crass, or what?
>
> I'm sitting here thinking that maybe someone should take the job to
> sabotage them. You know, make sure that Windows always loses.
>
> Not that that would take much work mind you.

Ahh, the Big Company bashing surfaces.

I posted not so much to bash as to place what one might hope
is a copywriter's mistake, on the record.  In case somebody cares
to quote it in a negotiating session where a customer is trying to
decide between two operating systems.  Might help clinch a deal.

The copy writer's turn of phrase was unfortunate and probably
unintended.  "Maximize their return on investments" was perhaps
what was meant.  However there it is on the public record,
and some might the think the slip to be a telling one.