[linux-elitists] Subscriber count: 386

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Apr 14 11:20:57 PDT 2003

Welcome new subscribers.  I just approved a bunch of people, and
rejected a bunch of posts that violate List Policy.

There is no linux-elitists FAQ, but if there were, this should be
on it.

> > Your request to the linux-elitists mailing list
> >
> >     Posting of your message titled "RE: [linux-elitists] AOL says
> > goodbye to AT&T/Comcast and residential mail spools"
> >
> > has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
> > following reason for rejecting your request:
> >
> > "Your message had a suspicious header."
>
> What does that mean?

If the headers in your mail indicate that you are using a mailer that
is _neither_ Free Software _nor_ available for GNU/Linux[1], your
mail almost certainly will not go through to the list.  (There have
been exceptions, but they have to do with my low regex-writing skills
and clumsy fingers.)

You can always get mail from a proprietary mailer through by
modifying the headers so they don't match the regular expressions the
list uses.

Anyone can subscribe or read the archives; the test is only for
posting.

If you would like to participate in a free software mailing list with
no header requirements, please check out the Silicon Valley Linux
Users Group list: http://www.svlug.org/policies/list-policy.shtml

linux-elitists now has nearly 400 members.  Most are "lurkers",
people who do not post to the list.  If you are a lurker, your
address is confidential.  When you post, your address should appear,
without munging, in the list archives.  Requests to munge addresses
in the archive will be silently dropped or publicly mocked, depending
on their entertainment value.

The rest of List Policy is at:

[1] I'm wording it this way basically to "grandfather in" PINE,
which one or more of the original list members used.

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the