[linux-elitists] AOL says goodbye to AT&T/Comcast and residential mail spools

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 14 09:31:37 PDT 2003

Quoting Shawn McMahon (smcmahon@eiv.com):

> Actually, it's a debate tactic called "conceding the other guy's point
> because he proved he was right, but continuing to debate other points
> because the one point didn't render the entire argument moot".

Oh, so you meant "Gee, I guess those weren't irrational objections after
all."  OK, thanks for clarifying.

> Perhaps there is something wrong with your email client.  At least one
> person has stated that it's wrong to block dynamic IPs.

That may or may not a good idea, but that is _plainly_ not the same as
"obligating the rest of us to receive lots of spam", notwithstanding the
fact that beating up on the latter is slightly easier.

Anyhow, please be _specific_ and spare us the goofy rhetorical handwaves.
They waste our time, honestly.

rick@linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.