[linux-elitists] AOL says goodbye to AT&T/Comcast and residential mail spools

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Mon Apr 14 08:52:43 PDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 08:47:42AM -0700, Rick Moen said:

[list of excellent reasons to pay for a static IP deleted]

> I do my own mail delivery largely in order to avoid such things, and
> to keep my mail service deterministic.  I.e., I _like_ knowing whether
> my mail actually got delivered or not.  So, I think Aaron, Karsten, et
> al. have made an excellent point.

Yes, they have; but that excellent point still doesn't obligate the rest
of us to receive lots of spam.  Aaron, Karsten, et al. will just have to
decide whether it's important to them or not that they be able to reach
the part of the internet that's blocking this stuff.  Since it just
added a couple tens of millions of people, it's probably time they
thought about it again.

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any