[linux-elitists] AOL says goodbye to AT&T/Comcast and residential mail spools

billy@damaged-world.net billy@damaged-world.net
Mon Apr 14 01:13:30 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 01:40:52PM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:48:48AM -0400, mike@jurney.org said:
> > So refusing to accept from a source of provably valid email because some
> > of it is likely to be spam is somehow acceptable?  At what ratio of good
> > mail to bad mail does it tip the balance from "liberal in what you accept"
> > to "feck 'em"?
> I'm unware of any surveys as to what specific percentage is perceived as
> being appropriate.  Anecdotal evidence suggests it to be majority
> spam, however.  If you don't like it, don't be a cheap fuqr and expect
> everybody else to coddle you.

	damaged-world.net is on a line that is paid to be 'static'.

	It reverses to "adsl-67-116-35-49.dsl.sntc01.pacbell.net"
	beacuse I haven't bothered to start the fight with PacBell about
	setting a "proper" reverse.

	Now, you tell me, is adsl-67-116-35-49.dsl.sntc01.pacbell.net a
	"dynamic" address or not?

	And how does AOL know?

--
"Fiat justitia et ruat caelum"
(Let justice be done though the heavens fall.)