[linux-elitists] AOL says goodbye to AT&T/Comcast and residential mail spools

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Sun Apr 13 18:07:15 PDT 2003

begin  Martin Pool  quotation:
> On 13 Apr 2003, Nick Moffitt <nick@zork.net> wrote:
> > begin  Martin Pool  quotation:
> > > Thousands of observed Korean spams, zero observed blocked
> > > non-spams.
> >
> > 	That strikes me as a sampling problem.
>
> I haven't done a statistical analysis to work out how confident we
> can be in the sampling.  Possibly there are some (or many) people
> posting from Korea who are unfairly being blocked.

	And you would have few, if any, means for observing if there
were.

> Korean ISPs which have responsive abuse addresses are excluded from
> the blacklist.  I think that allows through corporations or
> universities who have active IT groups.

	That's a little less drastic than you originally painted it.

> But seriously, what would you have us do?

	Irrelevant to the issue of your sampling problem.  I
personally don't care what you do on your lists.

--

end