[linux-elitists] AOL says goodbye to AT&T/Comcast and residential mail spools

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Fri Apr 11 11:37:56 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:19:48PM -0400, mike@jurney.org said:

> "Coddle you" being defined as "Accept email from my properly-configured
> SMTP server"?  Sweet christ, I never really noticed how unreasonable I was
> being.

You're violating your ISP's terms of service and avoiding paying for
services, and you're complaining about somebody else violating an RFC?
Your desire to get cheap service (and I'm doing the same thing, but I'm
not expecting people to coddle me) doesn't entitle you to force me to
receive hundreds of spam on the off chance you might want to configure
your SMTP server to bypass your ISP.

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any