[linux-elitists] AOL says goodbye to AT&T/Comcast and residential mail spools

mike@jurney.org mike@jurney.org
Fri Apr 11 11:19:48 PDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Shawn McMahon wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:48:48AM -0400, mike@jurney.org said:
> >
> > So refusing to accept from a source of provably valid email because some
> > of it is likely to be spam is somehow acceptable?  At what ratio of good
> > mail to bad mail does it tip the balance from "liberal in what you accept"
> > to "feck 'em"?
>
> I'm unware of any surveys as to what specific percentage is perceived as
> being appropriate.  Anecdotal evidence suggests it to be majority
> spam, however.  If you don't like it, don't be a cheap fuqr and expect
> everybody else to coddle you.

"Coddle you" being defined as "Accept email from my properly-configured
SMTP server"?  Sweet christ, I never really noticed how unreasonable I was
being.

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@jurney.org