[linux-elitists] AOL says goodbye to AT&T/Comcast and residential mail spools

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Fri Apr 11 10:40:52 PDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:48:48AM -0400, mike@jurney.org said:

> So refusing to accept from a source of provably valid email because some
> of it is likely to be spam is somehow acceptable?  At what ratio of good
> mail to bad mail does it tip the balance from "liberal in what you accept"
> to "feck 'em"?

I'm unware of any surveys as to what specific percentage is perceived as
being appropriate.  Anecdotal evidence suggests it to be majority
spam, however.  If you don't like it, don't be a cheap fuqr and expect
everybody else to coddle you.

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any