[linux-elitists] AOL says goodbye to AT&T/Comcast and residential mail spools

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Fri Apr 11 08:40:22 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:19:39PM -0400, Aaron Sherman said:
> Hope no one here has friends or relatives that use AOL if you run your
> home MTA on a residential network.... If you do, you'll have to start
> relaying mail for AOL through the public relay (probably slow and flaky)
> that your ISP provides. Why?

You should anyway; a common, and effective, antispam measure is blocking
all connections from identified dynamic IP ranges.  AOL is jumping on a
very long bandwagon.

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any