[linux-elitists] SSL security certificates

billy@damaged-world.net billy@damaged-world.net
Thu Apr 10 18:02:03 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 05:48:31PM -0700, David E. Weekly wrote:
> What's New
> Safari Update 2-12-03 improves compatibility with popular web sites,
> displays web pages and Flash content more quickly, adds XML support,
> increases standards conformance and improves stability. The update also
> works with self-signed security certificates.

	I've got that one. It "works" for values of allows you into the
	page after asking you every stinking fucking time.

	(well, I'm pretty sure I got that one, since I switched back to
	OSX after running linux on that box for 4 months. The support
	for linux on PPC was a lot weaker than Intel).

	We actually have 2 self signed servers at work, which is fine
	since their just for employees.

	Of course one of them is the Webmail swerver for sExChange, and
	the NT admin who reboots it just slapped the new self-signed
	cert on there w/out removing the (expired) old certificate, so
	both Outlook and Safari on the Mac get confused by it and refuse
	to work.

	OSX will be a nice operating system when they finally get around
	to releasing a browser that works properly and securely.

--
Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits
is, of course, in a state of sin.