Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue Apr 1 11:56:53 PST 2003

begin  Aaron Sherman  quotation:
> > I think that the biggest argument for C++ vs. C is that people try
> > to do things that are native to C++ in C and it leads to
> > inelegance.
>
> In C it leads to things like GObject, which IMHO is the heart of
> elegance.

	I really don't like it.  I don't like maintaining separate
class and object structures, or having to update massive parallel data
structures to maintain a big type system.  My method of "polymorphism
in C" is nice because it *doesn't* try to add any features to C that
aren't already there.

	If you need a language that can be modified this much, use
LISP for krissakes.

> Then there's the data-structures. Everyone carries around, or uses
> some pet allocator, linked list handler, hash builder, queue
> manager, etc in C. GLib combines all of these into one clean library

	glib's data structures are nice, and provide some degree of
elegance.  They're a far sight better than GObject.

--

end