[linux-elitists] Postfix vs Exim

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 22 19:24:29 PDT 2002

on Thu, Sep 19, 2002, Marc MERLIN (marc@merlins.org) wrote:
> Ok,  this isn't  meant as  an Exim  rules Postfix  sucks (or  the
> other  way around), I think both MTAs are very good and I'm trying to
> see which one is better for each case.
>
> I know exim fairly well, but I don't know postfix well enough to make
> a fair comparison, so this is targetted at the few who may know both
> fairly well

One must-have at a shop I'm familiar with is VERPs, used under qmail.
This appear (30 second Google check) to be avaialble with, at the very
least, exim.  Other mailers support this as well?  Suitably to be able
to replace qmail?

Peace.

   SBC PacBell:  The phone is once again your fiend.
     http://www.consumernet.org/turn/body_pacbell_monopoly.shtml