[linux-elitists] on hardware compatability

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Sat Sep 21 03:59:39 PDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Aaron T Porter wrote:

> 	Depends on your hardware. I had a relatively recent (p3/800) KDS

Apropots hardware, I just came from this thing here
http://www.yapc.org/Europe/2002/ and the Perl geek machine de rigeur seems
to be the iBook. Lots of people are using it, and even more about to
switch to it. Some very few run Linux on Apple hardware, but most of them
stick to plain OS X. Second runner seems to be Dells. Most people seem to
do dual-boot (looks like Win2k, mostly), the Linux distros being used were
diverse. Mandrake, RedHat, SuSE.