[linux-elitists] on hardware compatability

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Fri Sep 20 13:35:15 PDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Dan Wilder wrote:

> Except that the number of times Win2k offers to reboot you during the
> install and subsequent application of service packs is more reminiscent
> of, say, old SCO 3.2 than it is of Red Had.

Yeah. I think it reboots on its own, though, if given enough time. I can
never quite tell, I just wander off, and get drunk. The next morning, it
is installed, somehow.

> An expert at Win2k installation might know which of these offers are
> OK to decline.  Sure makes it more time-consuming for the novice, like
> me.

If you don't like it, you can kiss Billy's furry little butt. (Redmond
0wnZ you).