[linux-elitists] on hardware compatability

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Fri Sep 20 13:03:38 PDT 2002

begin  Greg KH  quotation:
> - You might want to attribute the ease of installation of Linux on the
>   simple fact that you usually _have_ to install it, so a lot of
>   people have worked very hard to make that easier.  For the most
>   part, no one ever installs Windows, and so, the installation
>   process sucks.  If reviewers started reporting Windows install
>   times when reviewing new releases of the OS (including the time to
>   install the latest security updates) that might change.

	So I know all the points you make, and they have occurred to
me before.  This one has made me wish, for years, that some Free
Software Head could get a serious review of the latest Windows debacle
and review it with the perspective of a GNU point of view.  If the OS
is not up to those standards, the conclusion must therefore be that it
is "Not ready for prime time" and companies must stop using it between
the hours of 7pm and 11pm.

--
A: No.