[linux-elitists] on hardware compatability

Aaron T Porter atporter@primate.net
Thu Sep 19 23:55:33 PDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 11:54:45PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> > 	What, there are some kernel developers that haven't figured out
> > how to use patch?
> >
> > 	http://oss.sgi.com/projects/kdb/
>
> Oh, I know of kdb.  I was just hoping to trigger a few shudders in
> memory of the related (endless, acrimonious) LKML discussion.

	Come on, it's been at least 48hrs since that topic came up on LKML
(might be a new record). Now that both Reiser and XFS are in the
linus-tree it's one of the few flamefests left (unless we can find a C++
re-write advocate somewhere).