[linux-elitists] Procmailise signed mime -> clear (or gpg verification in procmail)

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Wed Sep 18 06:03:56 PDT 2002

Hey gang,

There's a lot of procmail recipes to turn clear-signed mail into mimey mail,
such as:

  :0
  {
      :0 fBw
      * ^-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
      * ^-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
      | formail -i "Content-Type: application/pgp; format=text; x-action=encrypt"

      :0 fBw
      | formail -i "Content-Type: application/pgp; format=text; x-action=sign"
  }

However, I want to go the other way, turning mimey signed email into
clearsigned. Doable with something short and sweet in procmail? The aim is
to verify signatures via procmail [1] -> perhaps doing it with mimey
signatures is easier?

Google seems to return a bunch of random gimp's muttrcs for most of my
search terms, which is not what I need. :-)

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] If signature verifies, run a script or whatever. Basic automation stuff.

--
             make: *** No rule to make target `whoopee'.  Stop.