[linux-elitists] SpamCop Forgeries

Dan Wilder dan@ssc.com
Wed Sep 18 03:40:02 PDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 08:37:56AM +0100, Sean Neakums wrote:
> commence  Dan Wilder quotation:
>
> [ SpamAssassin discussion snipped ]
> > That's a better sorting ratio than I've run into myself, but even I
> > get a pretty good one, with close to no false positives except for
> > mailing lists, when I forget to add a line to my .procmailrc
> > pre-classifying for default delivery.
>
> Not advisable if one receives a significant proportion of one's spam
> via mailing lists.

Depands on whether you get apoplexy at a single piece of spam or even at
dozens of spams.  I don't.  Most MUAs I use do quite well with the "d"
key, thank you.

If the sporadic spam creeps in because of the absence of filtering or
moderation on some well-known list, oh well.  That's the life.

A couple hundred spams a week is a different matter.  Time drain
begins to appear.

So far I have not received a couple of hundred spams in any week via all
the lists I'm subscribed to, taken together.

--
Dan Wilder