[linux-elitists] RE: [offlist] RE: Connection refused (was: RE: mynetworks = 192.168.1.0/* ?) (fwd)

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue Sep 17 12:08:29 PDT 2002

begin  Justin F. Knotzke  quotation:
> 	As I am sure you are well aware, the original argument to
> which I was referring was "why is it so much easier to port C
> programs to different Unixes than it is to port Java programs to
> Java Runtime Environments on different Unixes"..
>
> 	The argument negates the fact that Freenet is expected to run
> on more then just Unix.

And if you read the rest of that article, you'll see that he goes on
to talk about how different versions of the same JRE on ANY OS cause
pain and frustration.