[linux-elitists] RE: [offlist] RE: Connection refused (was: RE: mynetworks = 192.168.1.0/* ?) (fwd)

Justin F. Knotzke shampoo@shampoo.ca
Tue Sep 17 12:06:56 PDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:58:48AM -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:

> > > 	So does Python.
> >
> > 	Which makes the original argument moot.
>
> The original argument being that Java does *not* reliably run on
> multiple OSes.  Thanks to Shawn for pointing out that Freenet doesn't
> *even* run on Unix.

	As I am sure you are well aware, the original argument to which I
was referring was "why is it so much easier to port C programs to
different Unixes than it is to port Java programs to Java Runtime
Environments on different Unixes"..

	The argument negates the fact that Freenet is expected to run on
more then just Unix.

	Justin.

--
Justin F. Knotzke