[linux-elitists] RE: [offlist] RE: Connection refused (was: RE: mynetworks = 192.168.1.0/* ?) (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Mon Sep 16 14:56:48 PDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Aaron T Porter wrote:

> But what do you need to do to become an "approved server"? I know that

I agree. I think he's just gloating, while playing a power card.
Basically, 'we can do this because we can. You user: phtphpthtptht.' You
can see it quite clearly in the language he uses. (Well, I've been baiting
him, but still).

> I for one would not have learned nearly as much about unix/networks in
> college if I'd not had a public ip address to play around with. (Of
> course that learning experience did include a broken Linux/Alpha box
> that arp flooded so bad it crashed the entire 16k student network).
> Academia used to be about exploring and experimenting.

Eggzackly. But you mention things like that to the guy, and he says
"you're voicing sentiments". Sentiments, my ass. Never go to a U of Texas,
I say.