[linux-elitists] SpamCop Forgeries

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Sun Sep 15 20:26:22 PDT 2002

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 07:44:36PM -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> begin  Marc MERLIN  quotation:
> > > Dude, just block all Windows MUAs and web-based mail service
> > > addresses.  Works for me.
> >
> > That's because you don't have any friends, Nick.
>
> 	Don't get huffy at me because all of your friends use Windows

Who said that? Oh yeah, you.

> to get in touch with you, Marc.  I meet my friends in person.

Right, like  I don't, but  you're only  being defensive because  "only truth
hurts"

Why don't you start by flying to France and installing the linux equivalents
of tools that both my parents use  and for which there isn't any open source
version yet?
Can I my mom  your phone number so that she can call  you each time there is
something  with linux  she doesn't  understand (for  that matter,  even with
windows, there's a *whole* lot she still doesn't grasp)

I actually talk to people and am even friends with people who don't run open
source OSes, and I like to meet my friends in person, thankyouverymuch.
For that matter, I even had girlfriends who ran windows or used hotmail (not
that it stopped me from recommending/helping with a switch)

But my original  statement still stands, and  you need to get  in touch with
reality one  day (but you probably  knew that already, you're  just ignoring
that fact)

Marc

PS: Feel free to answer, the thread ends here as far as I'm concerned.