[linux-elitists] SpamCop Forgeries

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Wed Sep 11 20:00:13 PDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 09:54:11PM -0400, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> Mostly these days, I just use their blacklist DNS, as it's more reliable
> than some other options.

Please don't, this is stupid.

Any major mail server will be on  spamcop sooner or later because some moron
will send a non spam mail to spamcop and say it's spam.

I can  also forge  a mail and  pretend you sent  it to  me and get  your own
server blacklisted on spamcop.

Do  not use  bl.spamcop.net for  anything else  than giving  a low  score in
spamassassin or maybe a warning header.

Marc