[linux-elitists] Blender Foundation newsletter (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Wed Sep 11 12:09:29 PDT 2002

ICBMTO: N48 04'14.8'' E11 36'41.2'' http://eugen.leitl.org
83E5CA02: EDE4 7193 0833 A96B 07A7  1A88 AA58 0E89 83E5 CA02

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:03:49 +0200
From: Ton Roosendaal <ton@blender3d.com>
To: eugen@leitl.org
Subject: Blender Foundation newsletter

Blender newsletter, sept 10 2002.

- Paid total reached 100k limit
After a 7-week campaign, saturday Sept 7 was our lucky day, with
sufficient donations in to buy the right to release Blender's sources
under GNU GPL. Thanks everyone. :)
We will continue accepting donations, especially to cover Foundation
expenses now.

- Blender Conference and BigBang party
11-12-13 October, in Amsterdam the Netherlands, a three-day conference
will be held with sessions and activities around the resurrection of
Blender. During the closing party at Sunday 13, the CVS server will be
plugged into the internet, making the release of Blender's code official. http://www.blender3d.com/conference.html
If you like to attend, please subscribe early, that helps us organizing
this efficiently. There might be even limited space as well...

- Open Blender project plan
Read about our plans for building a new blender dot org site, with all
services artists and coders need to make Blender better, use it more
efficient, or learn programming it.
The www.elysiun.com site will remain an independent Blender user forum. http://www.blender3d.com/blenderdotorg.html

- So October 13 is the day!
But as promised, donating Members will get access just that little
earlier, including sneak previews of the new site. We expect to have
some interesting downloads in the member area starting october 5.

With kind regards,

Ton Roosendaal
Blender Foundation