[linux-elitists] Fwd: [vorbis] tremor relicensed as BSD

Sean Neakums sneakums@zork.net
Fri Sep 6 00:59:28 PDT 2002

commence  Marc MERLIN quotation:

> On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 03:46:16PM +0100, Sean Neakums wrote:
>> Date: Tue 03 Sep 2002 - 09:24:48 EDT
>> > For those of you not of the commit mailing list, I wanted to point out
>> > that monty has checked the fixed-point 'tremor' vorbis decoder into
>> > xiph.org cvs, under the usual (free) xiph license. This was developed
>> > for use in embedded devices, so if you've been waiting for an
>> > integer-only (no fpu) implementation, you might want to give it a try.
>> >
>> > The code is in the 'Tremor' cvs module. As usual, nightly snapshots are
>> > available at http://xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/download/. There's also a new
>>
>> The news is also mentioned on the Xiph.org homepage.
>
> Have you made your paypal donation to Xiph for their work (yeah, I hate
> paypal, but I was too lazy to send a check) ?

Uh, who are you asking?  Me, or the guy whose message you mistakenly
attributed to me?

--
[|] Sean Neakums            |  Questions are a burden to others;