[linux-elitists] Fwd: [vorbis] tremor relicensed as BSD

Ben Finney bignose@zip.com.au
Thu Sep 5 01:34:36 PDT 2002

On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:46:16 +0100, Sean Neakums <sneakums@zork.net> wrote:
> Hardware companies how have one less excuse for implementing Vorbis in
> their products.

Now they only have the excuse of "We don't actually employ anyone in
engineering anymore, and have no money to put into making new chips if
we did".

Sadly, I don't expect hardware companies to start making Ogg-enabled
players until they shift their stock of MP3 players that nobody's
buying.  To which I say "tough titty, you should have made 'em
user-expandable then I could buy one and add Ogg support myself".

--
 \     "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit |
  `\                                         atrocities."  -- Voltaire |