[linux-elitists] Use Powell's to code with

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 31 21:31:30 PST 2002

on Tue, Oct 22, 2002, Nick Moffitt (nick@zork.net) wrote:
> I just noticed that Powells urls are of the form:
>
>     http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=1-0679600477-2
>
> I believe the last digit refers to whether the book is new or used or
> something.  It may be a lot specifier.  Whatever the case, it doesn't
> seem to be necessary, so the following URL works just fine:
>
>     http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=1-0679600477
>
> This is useful for replacing amazon with Powell's in book-related web
> apps.

Such as InterWikis:

    http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/InterWikis

Cf:  the ISBN InterWiki above.

Peace.

   Übersoft:  Where "Think Different" Means "Oooh! New Wallpaper!"
     http://www.ubersoft.net/